Le Cercle Naturaliste des Montagnes Neuchâteloises (The Neuchatel Mountain Nature Circle) – or “CENAMONE” for short – is a group for people interested in the flora and fauna of our mountains and valleys.
Set up in 1988 under the name COMONE (Cercle Ornithologique des Montagnes Neuchâteloises [The Neuchatel Mountain Birdwatching Circle]), it was renamed in 2018 to better reflect the expanded scope of the group’s activities. It is divided into different sub-groups who communicate their findings in a quarterly bulletin, published with the support of MUZOO.
The bulletin, Info-CENAMONE, contains articles on the following topics:
- A column about the birds of the Neuchatel Jura
- Protection of swifts
- Amphibian protection group of Les Grandes-Crosettes
- Group protecting the amphibians in the ponds of Les Eplatures
- Gallet and Les Crêtets parks project
- Common Redstart Group
- Neuchâtel Bat Protection Centre – CCO
The bulletin also includes other articles and news of individual projects